Setup for PC:
To enable a MIDI connection between Parat+ and a PC computer ensure following software and drivers are installed on your PC:
- Download and install Bonjour for Windows.
- Download the rtpMIDI driver for Windows also used in the video tutorial above.
- A step by step tutorial of the maker of rtpMIDI can be found here.
- Here is a tutorial by Synthtopia taking you through all required steps.
Using Parat+ as a MIDI controller:
Connect your PC and iOS device to the same local or peer-to-peer network.
A step by step tutorial of the maker of rtpMIDI can be found here.
- Establish the connection between your iOS device and your PC as described here.
- Open your MIDI compatible software and assign the faders to parameters. Please consult the relevant software manual on how to assign MIDI controllers either manually or using MIDI learn features.
- By default Parat+ sends MIDI controller numbers 0 to 29 corresponding to the fader name on MIDI channel 1. If you need to establish connections manually, ensure you follow this protocol:
/fader0 sends MIDI Controller 0 on MIDI channel 1
/fader1 sends MIDI Controller 1 on MIDI channel 1
/fader29 sends MIDI Controller 29 on MIDI channel 1
- To edit the MIDI Controller and Channel number, double tap (1.) on the OptionWheel. Scroll (2.) the small editor window until the MIDI settings are visible and enter the numbers as appropriate (3.). Please note that valid controller numbers are 0 – 127 and valid channels are 1 – 16 only:
The MIDI connection described might have to be reestablished after the iOS device has been locked or Parat+ loses focus, for example when switching to other iOS apps.
This video tutorial on Synthtopia shows the process as well.